Flexibond 8010 is a one component moisture curable polyurethane adhesive. It has fast curing speed, high bonding strength, good weather resistance, and it is easy to apply.
Technical data: 2. Usages
|Component||Heresy isocynate urethane polymer|
|Appearance:||Yellow to brown viscous fluid|
|Solid content (%)||100%|
|Viscosity (mpa.s, 25ºC)||5000±1000|
|Tack free(mins,23ºC, 50%RH):||16|
Flexibond 8010 can bond various kinds of metal, wood, honeycomb paperboard, rockwool, and etc.
It is widely used for security doors, wood doors, steel doors, polymer doors.
1. Clean the surface of the substrates, which should be of no grease or rust corrosion.
2. In order to insure the bonding strength, the adhesive should be scraped uniformly on the surface of the substrates. The adhesive can be scraped with brush or plastic scraper. The adhesive film cannot be too thick, and the open time cannot be too long.
3. Pay attention to the adhesive spreading speed. It requires fast operations in the summer time. Do not operate the press machine after the adhesive tack free. The adhesive can be processed with cold or hot forming. If processed with cold forming, it takes at least 4-5h; and if processed with hot forming, it takes 20-30mins (recommended temperature is 70-80ºC). The adhesive dosage varies with substrates, normally 100-200g/.
4. Storage and Shelf life
The product should be stored in well ventilated, dry and cool place, avoid direct sunlight. The adequate temperature for storage is 15-25ºC. The shelf life is 6 months if stored adequately.
1. Operating the adhesive and press machine should be done within the tack free time.
2. The curing speed is affected by the surrounding temperature and humidity. The curing speed can be justed,
3. Seal the lid immediately if there is remained adhesive in the pail in order to avoid its curing.
4. Ethyl acetate can be used to clean the tool or soak the tool in warm water for a few minutes, and then
clean it with soap.
5. Avoid eye contacting and ingestion. If contacting, wash with plenty of water and go to see a doctor.
6. The information and recommendations are given in good faith based on COMENS' current knowledge
and experience of the products when properly stored, handled and applied under normal conditions. The
information must on no account be used as a substitute for necessary prior tests which alone can ensure
that a product is suitable for a given use, due to the practical differences in materials, substrates and actual site conditions.
Users are requested to check that they are in possession of the latest version of this
document and COMENS' is at their disposal to supply any additional information.